Monday, December 3, 2007

#23 Is This Really The End? Or Just The Beginning..

Hooray - I've made it to the end of Library 2.0! This journey has opened my eyes to a wealth of "things" on the web that I would never have known existed were it not for this course. For the sheer WOW factor one of my favourite discoveries was Flickr, although the favourite thing I showed my kids was creating a video in Jib Jab. My 14 year old son said to me "You'll have to show me how to do THAT Mum". High praise indeed. Hopefully we can impress some of our teenage customers in the library.

Reflecting on what I have learned throughout Library 2.0, I was reminded of something my Mum (a gardening fanatic) used to always say. " The only thing constant in a garden is change". I think perhaps I will adopt this attitude to the library and how we serve the public.Instead of seeing the library as something static,I shall try to see it as something continually evolving.

Thank you for this opportunity to explore the web with someone holding my hand!